Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Very Busy Few Weeks

These past few weeks have been so busy!!  I have been slacking on updating my blog but for good reason: I've been EXHAUSTED!! I've been working in my classroom trying to get it all ready for Tuesday (it's mostly there) and then throw in meetings and then meet and greet conferences with my incoming kindergartners and I've been one busy lady!

While I've been working in my room, Tommy has been able to spend lots of quality time with some of his favorite people.  His dad, one of his aunts and his grandparents came up to stay with him for two full days so I could get in my room and my parents watched him for a few more hours so I could have some baby free work time. 

It was nice to have him stay with family for two days while I worked to help ease into working full time again and having to be separated from him.  This week he went to daycare Monday-Thursday (Friday he stayed with Grandpa because he wasn't feeling well), and I was a mess.  I got better after the first day but it's been a hard adjustment.  When I went back to work this spring it was more of just a survival to get through the year and I was still deep in the postpartum that I just went through the motions.  Now that I've had such a wonderful summer with him, it's hard to get back into school mode.  Especially since the school year is just beginning and I have a long time until June comes around again.  His daycare is great though.  They emailed me the first day to say he was having a great day and he has even made a friend.  :)  His daycare is at a church so you can't much safer than hanging out with Jesus I guess.   Tommy has had a really hard time napping though, which makes him only more cranky when I have time with him at night.  I'm hoping that he'll adjust to nap time soon.  He's so used to having just me and the cat around and sleeping in a quiet place that now having to sleep in a smaller room with 7 other babies is quite an adjustment. 

I do enjoy his excitement when I pick him up in the afternoon though.  I get some very big, sloppy kisses!  This weekend I am running into school for a couple hours only and then hurrying home to snuggle this boy.  I'm sure he's going to be happy to go back to daycare with his friends after being smothered in kisses by mom!!!

I try to savor all the snuggles I can, even if that means waiting to put him in his crib a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment