Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our "New" Glider

My parents brought over my mom's old glider today.  Tommy loves to be outside and he often swings with Grandma when we are over at their house.  Since Tommy wasn't feeling well last night, they rocked him for a long time and it seemed to calm him.  They figured that we should have one at our house too (have I mentioned how much this boy is loved....spoiled!) 

My mom's glider is probably almost 20 years old and hasn't been used in many years so I would like to sand it and restain it but one of my projects for next year.  Tommy and I used it tonight after dinner and before he went to bed.  We rocked for probably close to 45 minutes or so.  He loved watching the cars go by.  He even held my hand....so sweet!

I think we will enjoy adding this to our night time routine, especially in a few weeks when I come home from a long, crazy day with 5 yr olds.  It's nice to have that quiet time with him. 

Trying it out this morning.

Looking pretty relaxed!

Having a chat with Mom.

My snugly buddy! :)


Watching cars go by.  He loves when the motorcycles go past!

Holding Mom's hand while we rock. 

1 comment: