We've had a very busy few days and I think it all finally caught up to Tommy. Last night he fell asleep at 9:30 (we were at my aunt's house) and slept until about 9:00am, waking up for about 45 minutes at 1:30am to eat. He also went down for a nap around 11:30 this morning. His schedule has been all out of whack this week so he needs these extra hours.....and it give me a chance to catch up on things too!
On Wednesday, we had Grandpa's viewing. A few years ago, my grandparents bought everyone a "Stremlow Clan" t-shirt with a Hawaiian print to symbolize all their trips they took to Hawaii. My whole family wore their shirts at the viewing. It was nice. Even Tommy and his cousin Ava have one, although they are huge on them!
 |
| Tommy and Grandpa in their shirts....he has a new love for straws also! |
Thursday was Grandpa's funeral. Sean came back from Oklahoma which I was extremely excited for but wish it were under different circumstances. My brothers were pallbearers so they had to wear suits. I got a family picture with everyone dressed up because I don't know when the next occasion might be.
 |
| With the "Man in Black" (Joe) and the "Loveboat Capt" (Sean) |
 |
| If only Tommy's eyes were open! |
During the funeral itself, I stayed in the viewing room with a few of my cousins kids and Tommy. I haven't been to a funeral since my mom's and it was just a little too much for me. I wanted to be there to support and I listened to half of it before I had to shut the door from escaping toddlers. Tommy used to go to my cousin Bonnie's house for daycare when I went back to work this spring and her middle son, Austin, just loves to play with him. Austin was helping me keep Tommy entertained while we were hanging out during the funeral.
 |
| Austin is used to his little brother who is about 15 months older than Tommy. Gentle! |
 |
| He was making Tommy laugh by making scary faces. :) |
My Uncle Pete, whose family owns Wilbert and Memorial Gardens, had a special vault cover made for my Grandpa. He will be surrounded by family and love for eternity.
Following the burial, we had a luncheon at the American Legion. It's tradition to mix lots of food with lots of family with us! We get together at least once every two months for a potluck just to spend time together so it was a wonderful way to celebrate Grandpa; a true testament to how much he was loved and will be missed.
While at the luncheon, Tommy got a chance to play with Uncle Sean. It was fun to see them interact. I love watching my brothers (and my dad) play with Tommy; he is SO loved. I don't usually get far in the door and one of them takes him from me. It's wonderful!
 |
| When Sean first met Tommy he was bored with him, now he's more playful. |
 |
| Snuggles |
 |
| Grandpa gave Tommy a little whipped cream. He LOVED it and was mad when I said no more. Thanks Grandpa! |
 |
| Dad had all the flowers from the funeral in his truck bed. We put Tommy in the middle for a "jungle" photo shoot. |
 |
| I had a dream before Tommy was born that he looked like Uncle Sean without the freckles. |
 |
| Love! |
Although we were all sad to lose Grandpa, it was wonderful to spend time with the whole family. They are pretty amazing people!
No comments:
Post a Comment