Tommy hasn't been feeling that great for a few days. A few friends of mine said that their kids had a summer virus that gave them a fever and such and I think Tommy might have caught something. We've been around a lot of people lately so it's possible he could have picked up something during one of our social outings.
Last night my parents watched Tommy for a few hours so I could work in my room and then run a few errands and when I got to their house Tommy just didn't look like he felt good at all. He was warm and pale but he didn't have a fever. He did give a few smiles but not his usual excitable ones. Usually when he first sees me he gets really excited but this time he was just zoned out. I've been giving him some baby Tylenol and that seems to help plus he's been sleeping a lot more.
I feel so badly when he doesn't feel well because there is nothing I can do to help him besides doing the best I can to make him comfortable. My dad teases me all the time calling me neurotic but I had Tommy sleep with me last night so that I could keep an eye on him. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much at all. You hear so many stories of babies dying suddenly that it freaks me out sometimes. He's such a wonderful baby I just feel too lucky sometimes. I know he's healthy though so I don't need to worry, I just can't help it sometimes.....I'm one of those moms!
Today he seems better. He ate solid foods and rice twice today as well as a few bottles and nursed more today. He just seems to be still worn out and not in much of a mood to play. He's going to spend sometime with Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow so I can go into school but we're going to take it easy for the next few days. He seems to be on the mend though. It's a pretty good excuse just to stay home and snuggle at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment