My Mother's Day weekend started off on Thursday when I came home from work to find a beautiful orchid waiting for me on my doorstep from a wonderful friend in Baltimore.
On Friday, I went to pick him up from daycare and found a beautiful butterfly made from his footprints in his cubby. It did make me tear up a little bit because it is my first Mother's Day present from him. Last year I use him as my example for a project my kids were making for their moms in class but this was the first time someone made something for me.
Yesterday he went to Grandma and Grandpa's house so I could go to an appointment and when I went to pick him up I got my Mother's Day gift early. They surprised me with a beautiful painting of Tommy's handprints. Grandma Carol did such a great job on this project! There are Elmo stickers around the matting because my little guy LOVES that red monster!!
This morning I woke up to a very silly boy and LOTS of hugs and kisses. Again...he is a very snuggly fella who treats his mommy well! He has started to mimic the "Home Alone" face. It's a hilarious face to wake up to! We played together most of the morning until he finally crashed for a nap and then I had a chance to clean up and do some laundry (apparently the Mother's Day cleaning fairy skipped my house!). The rest of our day was pretty usual. Cleaning and laundry most of the day with lots of play and laughs mixed in. I was overwhelmed though by some of the messages by my friends wishing me Happy Mother's Day....it really made me feel special!
We had planned on going to dinner with my parents and my grandma but Tommy and I weren't able to go because as I was getting him dressed, he started to meltdown. He was worn out and desperately needed a nap. I had a feeling when we moved the time to the evening that it was risky that he wouldn't make it....I was right...unfortunately. So instead of meeting up with my family, we went to the cemetery to see Grandma Sherry. My mom loved her Pepsi so we took one up for her (in a can of course...she hated bottles!) My brothers and I have done this for years and now it's fun to do this with Tommy.
| He had to try it first....and it spilled all over him! |
| Happy Mother's Day, Grandma Sherry! |
Overall, it was a pretty good weekend with my favorite little guy who motivates me to be the best mom I can! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment