Unfortunately we have been without power since last night. We were asleep before it went out but woke up to a blank alarm clock and a very chilly house. When I checked the thermostat it read 62 degrees and steadily fell throughout the day. Tommy and I did our best to stay warm and spent most of our day in my bed either taking naps to stay warm or he would play with toys while I read. I'm pretty lucky that I have a pretty snuggly baby who likes to snuggle.
Thankfully this afternoon my parents surprised us with a visit and rescued us! They brought us back to their house now that their heat was back on so we could warm up, which was perfect timing because Tommy's lips were turning blue and I was worried about how to keep him warm since he hates to be too bundled and starting throwing off his hat.
Now, we've stopped for dinner, had a warm shower and are enjoying a warm house again thanks to my parents. I hope our heat comes on soon but I wouldn't argue having Monday off for more clean up. :)
| It started snowing pretty well Friday night. |
| View from Tommy's window Saturday morning! |
| Limbs in the backyard. |
| He was snuggled up to stay warm. He slept a lot today....it helped keep him warm! |
| We brought up toys and he played in bed. |
| I bought this "Hot Hands" a few months ago. It was in the Target Dollar section and I couldn't resist. I'm so glad I did because it was the only heat source we had today! |
| Warming his face |
| It's hard to see but there is a firetruck at the edge of my yard moving my broken limbs out of the street. |
| Tommy alternated eating his peanut butter sandwich and playing with his firetruck. He kept busy today! |
| View from outside. |
| Warm and happy at Grandma and Grandpa's house! |
| Mr. Fix-It.....he'll help dig us out with the next storm I'm sure. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment