Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tommy's First Birthday Party!

We had Tommy's first birthday party on Sunday February 12th.  When he was first born, I used to call him my little peanut but as he chunked out, he quickly became my little monkey!!  So to celebrate this first year, I went with a "Jungle Monkey" theme.  :) 

Because my family is so large, I decided to have his party at my school so that we could use the gym and cafeteria....seemed a better alternative than having everyone run in and out of my house.  Unfortunately since he was born in the middle of winter, that means more sickness and a lot of my friends and family weren't able to make it because of sick kiddos.  I was very happy with those who were able to come and celebrate this special event with us!  It was very touching to see those who cared enough about us to give up a few hours of their Sunday to visit.  :)

It's amazing to think that my baby is now a toddler!  I laughed it off when everyone said that it goes so fast but it truly did!!! :)




These two will have many Elmo playdates I'm sure!!

One year ago, Tommy was Leland's size....that just seems unreal! :)

With so many new baby friends, Tommy needs to practice his gentle skills. :)

Quite possibly more whipped cream than Jello. :)


Happy Birthday Monkey!!


His "tree"




Kisses for mommy....he wanted out of his seat too!!


Tommy loved having so much space to push his walker all around!

Monkey cupcakes!!



It's been quite a year!

Love this boy!!

He was asleep in less than 5 minutes. :)
Tommy's Invites

The picture didn't scan well but this was on the back of the invites.  The quote was on the white board outside the NICU and it has stuck with me ever since I first saw it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice party. Funny, I call Leland "Monkey" too. And Munchkin and Pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete