Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tommy's First Birthday!!

February 9, 2010 was an amazing day because it was the day that I got to finally meet my little boy!  I joke with many of my friends and family that the day I went into labor was the longest day ever with morning staff meeting, full day of teaching, parent/teacher conferences then incoming kindergarten parent meeting which meant I didn't get home until about 9pm...whew!!  I have had a few of this year's parents actually comment to me about how miserable and large I looked at that meeting last year.  :)

To celebrate this special day, Tommy and I took the day off and celebrated together.  Here is a look at our day in pictures. :)
We made cookies for daycare, EA staff and the NICU staff....Tommy had one for breakfast...only for the birthday boy!

Cookie Monster!

No school means a bottle and Sesame Street at home with mom in the morning. :)

We went into school so my kids could sing Happy Birthday.  Some even brought him cards and books. :)

At the doctor's office for his one year....no nap yet means a worn out baby boy!!

We stopped at the NICU to visit and take birthday treats. 

Happy Birthday baby boy!

Exploring his cupcake.


Trying to figure the cupcake out.


Grandpa put his bottle in the frosting to get him to try it.  :)


He finally tried the cupcake.....and got it everywhere! :)

Cupcake coma!

Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Joe came over for dinner and to help celebrate! 

Clean but so tired.

Goodnight birthday boy!  Mommy loves you so much!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment