Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Night Live

Tommy and I went downtown tonight for "Friday Night Live".  For those of you who are not familiar with this, after the Cherry Festival is over, Traverse City shuts down Front Street every Friday night and the streets are filled with performers, food and activities for kids such as face painting and balloons.  The stores usually stay open later allowing for lots of great shopping! 
Helping mom shop. :)

Tonight was the annual sidewalk sale and since I had a gift card from my kindergarten parents still to use up for Sweet Pea (a pricer children's store), I loaded Tommy in the car and down we went.  We met up with my Aunt Chris and wandered up and down the street for a few hours, stopped to browse at many great deals. 
Tommy is so spoiled by his Aunt!

I was pretty successful in my trip tonight!  I bought Tommy four pairs of Pediped shoes (which I've heard are wonderful for new walkers....I'm planning ahead!) a few new hats and a couple onezies.  I found such great deals; everything was at least 30-40% off regular price.  I only had to pay about $8 over the amount of my gift card, which was fantastic news because earlier tonight I ordered a new cell phone (well one that's about 5 years old but newer to me) to replace my phone which I think has been slobbered on too many times.  I can still text but when I call out, no one can hear me.  Even though I don't usually get too many calls....to not be able to talk for three months until my plan is eligible for a new phone is excessive and not the best idea!  So, needless to say, I was pretty happy with my purchases tonight.
New hat for the winter.

A new hat for next summer,

First pair, these have harder soles for when he is really on the move!

Second pair, soft sole.

Third pair, soft soles.

Fourth pair, these will be early running shoes.  :)

Before we left, I HAD to get ice cream.  I haven't had any all summer!  I have been dying for Coldstone but Kilwin's was closer so I opted for Mackinac Island Fudge instead.  Next year Tommy and I will both enjoy a cone (or cup for him!).

Soon enough, buddy!!
 We were out pretty late tonight so I wasn't surprised when I pulled in our driveway and my little guy was sound asleep.  He was so tired that I was able to take him out of his seat and carry him right up to bed.  He's still asleep, this occurance is rare but much appreciated. 

Notice that he is holding onto his bag.  He must love his shoes too!

1 comment: